As you go farther north, the bears get bigger and the knives get closer to the old forms that work the best. Bark River's Mini Canadian has the look of an old flint blade laser cut from tool steel. A 4.25" leaf point blade extends full ...
Bark River Knives | Knife & Tool Reviews for Wilderness & Survival Blades
Bark River Knife and Tool has gained a reputation for making some of the best semi-production knives available for purchase today. Serious knife enthusiasts swear by them for their craftsmanship, longevity and high-end components. They’re not inexpensive but, when you consider the work and materials used, they are very impressive knives.
Bark River makes only fixed-blade knives with high-end materials. Most blades are typically made of A-2 tool steel or 12C27 steel, and are hardened to 59-60 on the Rockwell C scale. Many models feature convex ground edges. These factors combine to make Bark River knives very sharp and very durable.
Handles are Micarta or Stag Bone. Bark River offers many different handle styles, many of which give their knives a unique, custom-made look.
Bark River Knives
Bark River models are broken down into seven series, though there’s a fair amount of overlap. The series are best described as follows:
- The Deluxe Game Series: Includes the Huntsman and Gameskeeper. Intended for hunting, this series is intended for field dressing and other hunting tasks.
- The Professional Series: Includes the Fox River and Woodland Special. These knives are versatile, all-purpose outdoor knives intended for hunting and general bushcraft use.
- The Canadian Guide Series: Includes the Canadian, Mini-Canadian and Mikro-Canadian. These are all-purpose camp and trail knives intended for general field work and camping tasks.
- The Fur, Fin and Fowl Series: Includes the Snowy River and the scout. These are compact and lightweight, all-purpose knives intended for hiking, camping and canoeing tasks.
- The Skinning and Caping Series: Includes the Wolf River and Upland Special. Designed for precise detail work, such as butchering and food preparation.
- The Bushcraft Series: Includes the Aurora, the North Star and the Golok. Designed for survival and wilderness tasks, these are designed for heavy-duty chores such as carving, splitting or batoning wood.
- The Search and Rescue Series: Includes the Sandstorm, the Slither and the Bravo 1. Another set of survival/wilderness knives, these knives are also for use in tactical and search team scenarios.
Where to Buy
Full Tang Blade w/ Sheath
Fixed Survival Blade
The clean ergonomic curves of this tool steel full tang sheath knife give stress free efficiency to an old and reliable hunting design from the 1960's. The Upland Special from Bark River Knives, a well respected upstart company producing quality cutlery since the 1970's, adds ...
Full Tang Fixed Blade w/ Sheath
The little knife for the big game trophy hunter, Bark River Knives' Little Caper tool steel blade has the finesse you need when there's no room for mistakes. When you are doing the special skinning and cutting that's required for fine taxidermy, a full sized ...
Fixed Hunting Blade
The Bark River Golog brings the traditional machete of Indonesia to the North Woods of America. One pound in weight, the 17 5/8" bushcraft knife has been reduced in size but not in strength--it's forged from chrome vanadium tool steel nearly a quarter inch thick. ...
Full Tang Survival Blade
Known for producing simple but quality knife designs whose beauty derives from perfect function, Bark River's deluxe line goes a step beyond the essentials. The Deluxe Huntsman with polished nickel silver finger guard and curly maple handle slabs combines the good look of engineering with the ...
Full Tang Blade w/ Sheath
The wide strong 3" long tool steel blade of the Woodland Special from Bark River Knives of Michigan is a step back to the quality and practicality of frontier days. The Woodland is designed for a full sized grip and feel, with the same micarta slab canvas textured handle as ...
Bark River Knives | Survival, Bushcraft Knife
Bark River is known for their attention to detail and the quality of their ergonomics. Their knives have a devoted following and for good reason.
This knife is from their Professional series and has all the characteristics of a great bushcraft knife.
The blade is made of high-carbon A2 steel and is ...
When the US Marines went looking for a standard issue Bushcraft Knife, they anonymously tested out a wide array of knives and then eventually settled on the Bark River Gameskeeper as an ideal starting point. They then approached Bark River with some requested customization work, and the result ...
Bark River Knife & Tool on eBay:
|No items matching your keywords were found.